Is there a way to die before we die–and overcome the fear of death?
Are you listening to too much noise?
After a recent message, someone asked me asked me if I was against meditation. Not at all! I am pro-meditation.
In fact, I don’t think you can live an effective Christian life without meditating…
“Prayer is asking God to incarnate, to get dirty in your life. Yes, the eternal God scrubs floors. For sure we know he washes feet. So take Jesus at his word. Ask him. Tell him what you want. Get dirty. Write out your prayer requests; don’t mindlessly drift through life on the American narcotic of busyness. If you try to seize the day, the day will eventually break you. Seize the corner of his garment and don’t let go until he blesses you. He will reshape the day.”
– Paul E. Miller, A Praying Life
- Video: Helping Your People Discover the Praying Life, by Paul Miller.
- Video: The Basis of Prayer: “Our Father” by Tim Keller.
- Book: A Praying Life: Connecting with God in a Distracting World, by Paul Miller.
- Book: The Possibility of Prayer: Finding Stillness with God in a Restless World, by John Starke.